Why should you consider pre-paying for your funeral?
“Purchasing a plan gives me peace of mind, knowing that all the arrangements are made and paid for. Now I can get on with my life.”
As we grow older, most of us expect to provide the money that will be needed to meet our funeral expenses.
It’s not about being morbid, it’s about independence and responsibility and leaving everything in order for our relatives and friends.
People don’t often talk about making provision for their funerals – because there’s no need to – but funerals are a large expense and people want to save their loved ones the worry and the expense.
A funeral pre-payment plan is a caring, sensible and cost-effective way of leaving your affairs in order and planning your own funeral.
The advantage of an Arthur Jary & Sons Pre-payment plan compared to a savings account or life insurance policy is that you can pay for your funeral now, at today’s price, beating inflation.
Once paid, fees will be paid by Golden Charter Trust at the time of the funeral.
“…pay now, at today’s price, and beat inflation – no matter when the service might be required…”
Funeral Pre-payment plans are provided by Golden Charter in association with a network of independent Funeral Directors throughout the UK. Funeral Pre-payments are held in the Golden Charter Trust with professional Actuaries and Investment Managers and an independent Custodian Trustee.
Choosing a funeral pre-payment plan means you:
- Can choose your own funeral arrangements
- Will have peace of mind that you have expressed your wishes
- Will save your family from having to make difficult decisions at a distressing time
- Can choose every detail exactly as you wanted from clearly specified options with fixed prices.
- Avoid rising funeral costs with an inflation-proof guarantee
- Have financial security – the funeral payment is held in the Golden Charter Trust until it is needed
- Ensure your service will be provided by Arthur Jary & Sons Ltd
- Can plan your funeral whatever your age – there is no age limit
- Have no awkward health questions
- Have the right to cancel your plan if you are not satisfied
Disbursements to cover third party costs
Each plan also includes an allowance to cover the third party costs that are not within the Funeral Director’s control. These include fees for burial or cremation, doctors and officiant fees (where applicable). Only if these costs were to increase more than the growth of the plan might there be a balance to pay at the time of the funeral.
Personalised funeral arrangements
A funeral is a very personal matter and many people have particular wishes. If none of these plans suit your requirements then please let us know and we will prepare a personalised plan just for you, to allow for whatever services you require.
Choosing is easy – just select a plan and note any special wishes on the application form, or discuss a fully personalised option with us, to meet your exact requirements.